Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Naga City's Porta Mariae

Porta Mariae
"Perpetual Doors to Ina"
Copyright © 2012 murk LearnItThenBreakIt
Do not copy, alter, use, redistribute without the author's/owner's permission

The Porta Mariae. Stands at 11 meters tall and 18 meters wide at the top is the brass image of "Ina" as called by us Bicolanos or The Lady of Peñafrancia. Located at the Metropolitan Cathedral of Naga City in
Camarines Sur. It was built to commemorate the 300th year of the devotion to The Lady of Peñafrancia.

I shot this photo with a kit lens and it's one of the first photographs i took using my T2i. The composition and framing was the same as the original photo the only things I changed was a little bit of saturation and contrast. This photo placed 2nd at a photo contest conducted by the Metropolitan Cathedral for the promotion of the Porta Mariae. This was the first and only time I joined a photo contest. I haven't joined any since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment